Oats have a variety of uses. Most common uses include food. It enhances the nutritional value of your intake. It is a well known and healthy way to start the day. What is not very well known is, that oats are extremely beneficial for skin and beauty as well. Keep reading, to learn how to make oatmeal face mask.
Greeks and Romans have used oats to improve the health of their skin. Ailments in the skin were cured with oats. Cooked oatmeal is a good natural care in the treatment of acne. Exfoliation of the skin is taken care of as the cooked oats remove the excess oil and the bacteria. Oats is a natural moisturizer and also protects your skin from the harsh environment and the pollution. Oats heightens this function of the skin. The cleansing act of the oats removes the oil and dirt from the pores.
How to make an oatmeal face mask
- Grind oats into coarse powder. Pour it into a bowl. Form a paste by mixing it with a tablespoon of honey. Add the yolk of an egg into this mix and apply the resulting paste to your face. Rinse it off thoroughly after fifteen minutes and pat dry your face. A hint of lemon can be added if the skin is oily.
- Mix two tablespoons of medium fine ground oats with the puree of a small tomato. Wash it off after ten minutes. This mask is ideal for normal to oily skin. The oats keep the excess oil away whilst the tomato helps to reduce the tan.
- A paste made up of finely ground oats (two tablespoons) with one tablespoon of curd can be applied as a mask to the face and left to dry. Wash off with cold water and pat dry with a towel.
- A paste made up of mashed banana with one tablespoon of nicely ground oats is a good mask. Bananas are a good remedy for healing blemishes on the face. Milk can be added to hydrate the skin.
- Grind two tablespoons of oats in a blender and mix the powder with finely cut tomato and juice of half a lemon. While avoiding the eyes, apply the mixture on your face. Lie back and give the mask fifteen to twenty minutes to dry out. Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel. Tomato and lemon have acidic properties that help with the balance of the oil in the skin.
Oatmeal Face Mask Other Benefits
The irritated and itchy skin on the face can be taken care of with the help of a nicely made oatmeal face mask. The resulting skin is smooth, moisturized and healthy. The blemishes are removed and the aging process can be slowed down by adding other healthy ingredients such as honey and banana to the oatmeal face mask. This mask can be used thrice a week.
Oatmeal is a soothing ingredient which produces good results when added to your homemade mask. It is readily available and not expensive, thus saving you a lot of time and money. Go healthy. Age gracefully.