Homemade hair mask are one of the best ways to restore moisture in your hair and to help make it healthier and stronger. There are hundreds of natural ingredients that you can combine together to make your hair healthier than it has ever been before. From milk to olive oil, if you’re suffering from damage and breakage, consider these top 5 easy homemade hair mask remedies to restore your locks.
Check out these amazingly easy homemade hair mask recipes.
1. Nourishing Egg Mask
If you think that your hair is dry and brittle as a result of a lack of nutrition reaching your roots, this egg mask could be your saving grace. Eggs are renowned for their nutrients including vitamins A, B, and D, as well as iron and a lot of protein. Protein is essential for nourishing the roots of your hair, which helps to promote hair growth, and the fatty acids give your hair the natural shine that it should have.
Potassium and vitamin A are essential compounds for healing damaged hair, particularly if it’s try. Also, vitamin D is phenomenal for reducing the effects of hair loss, even if you have a genetic condition.
- Step 1: Take 1 egg and separate the white from the yolk. If you have dry hair, use only the yolk and if you have oily hair, use the white. Put the egg in a bowl and dispose of the rest as you wish.
- Step 2: Beat the egg together with a whisk and add 1 cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, mixing all of the ingredients together.
- Step 3: Massage the entire mixture in your hair from your scalp to your tips and allow it to soak in for 15 minutes by placing a shower cap on top of your wet hair. After the 15 minutes, rinse the mixture out with warm water.
2. Banana Homemade Hair Mask
Bananas are one of the best resources of potassium, anti-oxidants, and other vitamins. This concoction helps to prevent split ends and to heal any breakage. All of the ingredients also help to nourish your follicles and promote a healthy scalp to reduce itchiness and flaking.
- Step 1: Blend 2 bananas until they are entirely smooth and add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Step 2: Take the mixture and massage it into your scalp, allowing at least 10 minutes for it to soak into your hair.
- Step 3: Rinse the mixture out with warm water and comb through to ensure that there aren’t any pieces of banana left over.
3. Yogurt Homemade Hair Mask
It’s always nice to purify your hair and remove excess oils once in a while with the help of yogurt, honey, and apple cider vinegar. This hair mask will help with volume and will prevent your hair from being weighed down from too much oil.
- Step 1: Mix ½ cup of yogurt with 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Step 2: Apply the mixture to your entire scalp, bringing it down to the ends of your hair.
- Step 3: Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
4. Creamy Avocado Hair Mask
Avocado is phenomenal for its hydrating properties, which is essential for restoring moisture into your hair. If you’re suffering from dry and brittle ends, you’ll finally be able to take advantage of full and fresh hair that looks and feels softer than ever.
- Step 1: Blend 1 avocado with ¼ cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Step 2: Apply the hair mask to your scalp and bring it down to your roots, combing through the mixture.
- Step 3: Place a shower cap over your head to lock in the moisture and allow the mask to sit for 15 minutes.
- Step 4: Rinse clean with warm water.
5. Strawberry Honey Hair Mask
If you’re the type of person that enjoys sweet smelling shampoos and conditioners, this strawberry honey hair mask is your best choice. Not only does it help to control the oil produced from your scalp but it also helps to promote healthy hair growth.
- Step 1: Take 1 handful of strawberries and blend them along with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of honey until the mixture is smooth.
- Step 2: Wet your hair and apply the mixture to your scalp and bring it down to your ends.
- Step 3: Rinse with warm water after 10-15 minutes.